Advocacy in Action
One of the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s primary missions is advocating for a healthy local economy and a government that supports economic growth.
Although we are non-partisan, the Anchorage Chamber takes an active role in advocating for sensible government policies, which will protect our members and advance business opportunities. All of our priorities are determined by our membership, vetted by our committees, and then presented to the full board of directors for action if needed.
All Anchorage Chamber members are encouraged to get involved in the public policy process by serving on one of our committees. Both our Legislative and our Anchorage Business Committees are diving deep into these issues, hearing from a range of diverse stakeholders.
If you have any questions, or would like to get more involved in the direction of the Anchorage Chamber’s legislative program, please contact Brenda Hansen at 677-7112, email@example.com.
- Arctic chills, messy energy politics await Obama in Alaska - State Journal - August 31, 2015
- Kerry, Obama to raise global warming issues in Alaska - State Journal - August 30, 2015
- Paul kicks off Western swing in Alaska - Business Insider - August 25, 2015
- Alaska oil prospecting project splits Democrats - Deutsche Welle - August 18, 2015
- Gov. Walker: Obama should endorse Alaska gas pipeline, visit Valdez - Alaska Dispatch News - August 18, 2015
- Three companies file claims against Cook Inlet Energy - Homer News - August 15, 2015
- Public gets inside look at Interior Alaska gas bidding - Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - August 14, 2015
- Man in bear costume harasses bears in Alaska - Business Insider - August 13, 2015
- Creditors file involuntary bankruptcy against Cook Inlet Energy - Alaskajournal.com - August 07, 2015
- Massive toxic algae bloom reaches from California to Alaska - Business Insider - August 07, 2015